Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mentally Barred

As I mentioned before, I may be going back to work full time.

So, in an effort to open up as many doors as possible, I've decided to take the bar exam here in Wisconsin.   For those not in the know, the bar exam is an exam the state requires a lawyer to pass before they can legally practice law in that state.  It's a tough (and expensive) exam, spanning two full days, and covering every area of law imaginable.

So even though the exam isn't until the end of July, I've already started studying.  And my brain is fried.  Not that I've burned out or can't learn anything more.  Just fried in the sense that all my mental energy is focused on re-learning difficult concepts that I haven't utilized for as many as five years or so. All of which leaves me with little mental energy for blogging.

So forgive me if my posts are infrequent for a while. I'm still here.  I'm still going to read and comment on other blogs.  It's a nice distraction from studying.

But until I have all my brain cells back, I may not be posting more than a few times a month or so, when my mood and energy levels allow me to.

I love you all, and am still around.  But for a while, I'll be studying as I've never studied before. And coming from this overachiever, that's saying something.

9 comments:

Fox in the City said...

Hugs and good luck with the studying!
Jenn

Lizbeth said...

Do what you need to do, we'll all be here. Good luck! You can do this!

chemgirljaime said...

good luck ... you've got this!!

Betty Fokker said...

MUCH luck for you!

Anonymous said...

I barely survived the LSAT. Sending good luck, calm mind, and any other vibes I can your way.

Angela@BeggingTheAnswer said...

Thank you all for your support :)

Marianna Annadanna said...

We love you too! And we'll be here waiting for short and infrequent updates.

Also I'd like to help you study. I know nothing about the law, but maybe I could tell you a *hypothetical* breaking-the-law story and you could tell me what my - ahem - the hypothetical best defense would be...

jacqui said...

I can see why studying for the bar would require a great deal of your focus! It's good that you're giving yourself some extra time to prepare. I'm sure you'll do an awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Blogger ate my first comment. Anyway, I know you'll do well on that test. Studying is such a pain though.